Procedure of review
1. All materials submitted for publication undergo preliminary expert studies by members of the editorial board, and then they are sent for review.
2. Motivated refusal is sent to the article’s author in case of refusal from publication.
3. In case of positive decision the magazine’s editorial board and science editors appoint a reviewer in accordance with specialization of the submitted research. A list of reviewers who the magazine cooperates with is formed by the editorial board.
4. The review process is confidential. Author of the reviewed article is granted the opportunity to get familiar with the review text.
5. Review period is 3 weeks. This period is controlled by the editorial staff depending on the situation and on demand of the reviewer it may be prolonged.
6. For the purpose of obtaining maximally full and objective response to the article the editorial staff worked out the reviewer’s card with the list of issues covering of which shall be evaluated by the reviewer in the article. On the basis of this evaluation the reviewer gives his or her opinion concerning future disposal of the article: it is recommended for publication а) as it is; b) publishing with slight alterations; c) refusal from publication (the material is of poor quality or it is new for publishing the way it is); d) refusal from publication (serious revision is necessary, the author needs to submit the revised materials repeatedly); e) refusal from publication (the material has essential drawbacks; no repeated submission is admissible).
7. If the review contains recommendations for amendment and revision of the article executive secretary of the magazine sends to the author the review text offering to take them into consideration when preparing new variant of the article or to refute (in partial or in full) them giving grounds. In case of essential remarks of the review the author’s revised article is repeatedly sent for review.
8. If the author and the review have insoluble contradictions concerning the article the editorial board may send the article to another reviewer. In case of conflict situations the article may be transferred to one of the members of the editorial board for consideration, final decision in such cases is taken by the Editor-in-Chief.
9. The article not recommended by the reviewer for publication is not accepted for repeated consideration. Notice of negative review is sent to the author by e-mail.
10. Original reviews are registered and stored by the magazine’s editorial staff during three years.
Each author of our magazine should sign “Agreement on transfer of copyright ”.
Only the materials which meet the following requirements can be published in the magazine.
1. The article must be followed by official referral of the organization where the work has been done, expert report and scientific supervisor’s signature.
2. The article must be published on white paper sheets, A-4 size, on one side of the paper sheet, field width – not less than 2,5 cm on the right, left, up and down, double spacing, Times New Roman, size 14 font. The numeration of pages – Arabic numerals in the upper or lower right corner of the page, starting from the first page. Article length – 10 pages, short reports – 4 pages of typed text.
3. Write initials and surnames of all the authors, the title of the article, the organization where the article has been written at the top of the first page. The signatures of all the authors are required at the end of the article. On a separate page there must be written full names of all authors of the article, and also the address, contact numbers, E-mail of one of the authors for the contact with editorial staff.
4. Article length – 10-20 thousand spaced characters. The number of pictures and tables in accordance with article length.
5. The article must include an abstract in the Russian and English languages. Each of them must be typed on a separate page. Abstract length – ¼ of a page. At the beginning of an abstract there should be initials and surnames of all the authors and the title of the article. As a new paragraph write 3-5 key words at the end of an abstract.
6. The article must be well-edited by the author. The content of the article must be easy to understand, without long introductions and repetitions. International System of Units (SI) must be used. If you used the apparatus with other units, then all of them must be converted into SI system. Conversion factor or computer program used for the conversion must be mentioned in the section “Materials and methods”.
7. Only generally accepted abbreviations are allowed. Firstly the term must be fully mentioned, then abbreviated. Use only capital letters in abbreviations. Special terms should be given in Russian transcription.
8. The pictures must be clear, photos – contrasting. On the back of each illustration write the first and the last name of the first author, first two words from the title of the article, the number of the picture; mark the up and down of the picture by the words “up” and “down” in appropriate places. All this information must be written with an ordinary pencil without pressing. Picture captions must be given on a separate page together with the author’s surname and the title of the article, the number of the picture, with the explanation of the meaning of all curved lines, letters, numbers and other symbolic representations.
9. The tables must be demonstrable, have the title, sequence number; the headings must be relevant to the content of columns. Each table should have a reference in the article.
10. The article with original research should have the following parts: 1. “Introduction”, 2 “The Purpose of the Research”, 3. “Materials and Methods”; 4 “Results”; 5. “Discussion”, 6. “Conclusion”. In the part “Materials and Methods” there should be given a detailed description of the methodology of the research, the equipment used in the research, the number and characteristics of patients. The principle for the dividing of patients into groups and the design of the research must be compulsory given. This part must contain comprehensive information for further reference to these results by other scientists, for comparing with the results of analogous works and for the possibility of including the data of the article into meta-analysis. At the end of the part “Materials and Methods” there should be a smaller part “Data Processing” .
The full list of all used statistical methods of analysis and criteria of hypothesis testing must be given. It is not allowed to write “standard statistical methods were used” without their specific indications. It is compulsory to mention the accepted in the research the critical level of significance “p” (e.g. “The critical level of significance in case of statistical hypothesis testing in this research is 0,05”). In each specific case there must be given the actual value of the reached level of significance “p” for the used statistical criterion (not just “p<0,05” or “p>0,05”). Besides, it is necessary to state specific indications of the received statistical criteria (e.g. criterion “Chi-square” = 12,3 (number of degrees of freedom df = 2, p=0,0001). It is compulsory to give the definition for all used statistical terms, abbreviations and symbolic notations (e.g. M – sample mean, m (SEM) – error in mean, STD – sampling standard deviation, p- reached level of significance).
In case of combinations like M±m it is necessary to give the meaning of each symbol, and also sample volume (n). If the used statistical criteria have limitations in their usage, specify how these limitations were checked and what the results of these checks are (e.g. in case of using parametric methods it is necessary to show how the normality fact of sample distribution was proved). Avoid non-specific usage of terms which have a few meanings: (e.g. there are a few variants of correlation coefficient: Pearson, Spearman and others). Average quantities should not be given more precisely than for one decimal mark in comparison with base data, mean-square deviation and error in mean – for one more mark precisely.
If the data analysis was made with the usage of Statistics package of programs, then it is necessary to give the name of this package and its version.
11. The literature list must be typed on a separate page, each source from the new line with sequence number. The numeration must be done according to the order of citation of the source in the article. The author is responsible for the correctness of the literature list data. The names of foreign authors are given in authentic transcription.
(article in a magazine) Parfenov E.V., Diakonova E.G. ,Masenko V.P. and others. The presence of hormones and neuromediators in blood and hypertrophy of left ventricle of patients with hypertonic disease. Cardiology 1995; 7:18-23.
(book) Kiselev A.S., Shestakov M.T., Michailov A.Yu. The dependence of public health from the dynamics of the standards of living. M.: RIO CNIIOIZ, 2006. P. 210
(chapter in the book, article in the collection of works) Sidorov M.A., Tezyaev V.V. Emergency endoscopoic examinations of cavities and operations. In the book: Surgery: science and labor. Responsible for the issue Yu. V. Belousov. N.Novgorod: Publishing house NNSMA; 1999; p. 48-50.
(Editors, compilers as authors) Epidemiology and risk factors of ischemic heart disease. Edited by A.N. Klimov. L: Medicine; 1989; 176 p.
(Materials of the conferences) Kimura J., Shibasaki H., editors. Recent advances in clinical neurophysiology. Proceedings of the 10th International Congress of EMG and Clinical Neurophysiology; 1995 Oct 15–19; Kyoto, Japan. Amsterdam: Elsevier; 1996.
12. Each picture\photo should be sent as a separate .jpeg file , resolution not less than 300 dpi. The tables and diagrams must be sent in EXCEL, the name of the file must be the same as the name of the basic file.
13. The format of the file with the article should be compatible with MS Word.